Thursday, October 23, 2008

Prayer request.

I know that everyone is going through some tough times and we have been also. I have a few prayer request for you guys.

First, my cousin Matt has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. He is 14 years old almost 15. The tumor is 2 cm and the doctors think it is benign however it is interrupting the flow of fluids in his brain which is causing mood swings and blurry vision. For these reasons they are going to take it out on Friday. I can't even imagine turning your child over to people who are going to do surgery on his brain. This is such a precious christian family and I know they would appreciate any prayers on their behalf.

Second, my own darling Katie has a most disturbing illness. It is called HSP. She started having spots show up on her legs and bottom that just looked like really bad bruises or some kind of bug bite, I took her to the doctor on Monday and they said it was called HSP and it will run its course in about a month. She could have some stomach problems and some joint pain, we have to take a urine sample to the Children's Clinic once a week but other than that business a usual. She isn't contagious and she isn't restricted from sports or school or anything. So I'm thinking this is regrettable but manageable. She comes home from school on Tuesday afternoon limping and says her knee hurts. Katie tends towards the dramatic so I just said "Let me look at it Baby". It was so swollen you could not even see her knee cap. The skin was tight and a little purple and her feet were swelling as well. I immediately called the Children's Clinic, they called back a while later and said that it was perfectly normal with HSP to just put a warm compress on it and give her some Motrin. The next day her knee looked better and wasn't as painful. Then last night on the way to Awana she told me her fingers hurt and lo, they are horribly swollen as well. *Sigh* As long as she doesn't have blood in her urine she should recover in about a month. It is just really hard to see your kid in pain and not be able to do anything about it. Just pray for me and her that we get through this.

Thank you guys. It is such a comfort to be able to tell guys whats going on and know you care and you are praying.

1 comment:

EngineersFalcon said...

You have been in my prayers and thoughts. If you have a minute I would love an update on both family situations. Our God is a very present help in times of trouble, and although I am not sure if things are getting better, I will continue to pray. I hope to see you at MOPS mom's night out, and if not, at MOPS next Thur.