Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

Hello all! We Gardner's are all alive and well. We have had some trouble with strep throat but everybody has finished their antibiotics and is doing well. I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving. We did, we spent time with family and friends enjoying each others company and being thankful. Katie had to do a writing assignment around thanksgiving and it was so cute I thought I would share it with you all.
The prompt was to write about your best thanksgiving meal and she did. Bear in mind that she means the whole thing as a complement.
"Did you ever feel like you were going to explode on thanksgiving? Let me tell you about my best Thanksgiving meal
Initially my family goes to my NeNe and Dada's house with Uncle Mike and Uncle Greg, and sometimes Uncle Greg's girlfriend. My NeNe makes the best turkey. After that we sit down. I eat salty mashed potatos, greasy turkey, and yummy peas. It was so good I had two more helpings, but I had more room for the best part, the Strawberry Cheesecake. Finally when I ate as much as my little tummy could hold I felt sick inside. I sat down and watched t.v. I can't wait until next Thanksgiving."
The funny thing about it is that Mom didn't serve peas or strawberry cheesecake. If I didn't know how much she really dose love Mom's cooking I would think she was being sarcastic.
I hope you got as much of a kick out of that as I did. Have a good week and don't get overwhelmed with Christmas preparations.

1 comment:

EngineersFalcon said...

The things our little ones say, and eventual write, is priceless. Thank you for sharing. It was adorable. I am glad you are all feeling better!