Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Break

Last week the kids were out of school on Spring Break. When I was a kid I know the words Spring Break caused great joy. I was unaware that they caused terror to Mom in equal measure. A whole week to entertain the kids and keep them from killing each other or me killing them. It's not just the week, which is really no big deal, it is the promise that in one short month, there will be THREE months on end of the same.
At least that is how I use to feel. This spring break flew by and I wasn't ready for it to end. I think that had something to do with Easter being at the end of the week off instead of at the beginning. We played hard all week and instead of resting we partied all weekend.
We had a wonderful Easter. Andy came out of his office where he has been in end-of-semester induced hibernation. I think the sun hurt his eyes at first and he had a hard time standing up straight but once he worked the kinks out it was good to see him. We had a cookout at Becky's on Saturday which has been a family tradition since Katie was born. So this was our 10th year. Then on Sunday we had a wonderful church service where we remembered the true meaning of Easter. (HE is RISEN!) Then we had Easter dinner at my house. In total about 5 egg hunts, two huge meals, tons of family, and more candy than we know what to do with. Well the kids have some ideas, but I won't let them consume it from dawn till dark, mean Mother that I am.
I think the best thing we did for spring break was an impromptu trip to Charleston where we got to hang with the Beam Bunch for a few days. We had a blast hanging out and catching up. Charleston is lovely as always but our favorite attraction is Matt, Kathy, Josh, David, Seth, and Annabeth.
Now it's back to school and looking forward to summer. Heaven help us!

No comments: