Friday, November 9, 2007

Eggs down the drain.


Ah, Nathan. Isn't he cute? I know that he is but he is also three. Now for any of you who have had a three year old you know that it can sometimes be quite the adventure. Nathan has been that lately to say the least. This afternoon after a very busy morning that included a flu shot and lunch at Chick-fil-a he was tired and wanted to watch a movie. He was watching Sky High and the other kids were occupied so I thought I had a few minutes to check my e-mail in peace. As I was sitting at the computer going through the e-mails Emma walked into the room carrying a egg in her hand. I asked her what she was doing with an egg and she said she was saving it. I said "from what?" She said "from Nathan." So I jumped up and ran to the kitchen and find my darling boy standing in a chair at the sink cracking eggs into one side and dropping the shells into the other. He had already made it through TWO DOZEN eggs. I know because I counted the shells as I was cleaning them out of the sink. AND he had another dozen sitting on the counter ready to go. Once I dealt with him and cleaned up the mess I said "Son what were you doing with the eggs?" He said "I was washing dem." I guess that makes sense to him. Anyway that's life with a three year old or rather my three year old.

1 comment:

Joy Bruza said...

I haven't had a laugh like that in a while! I'm sure I'll be in for it when both boys are at "the age" (grin). I'm glad you're a blogger...isn't this fun?! Love you and miss you bunches. Joy