Saturday, May 10, 2008

Rocky Mt., Mother's Day, and Friends

Wow what a week. We had a wonderful time in Rocky Mt., I think Joy and Missy said it all and they have great pics so link to their blogs and see the sweetness. While we were in Rocky Mt. I got a text from a sweet friend that I have just recently reunited with. She and I are both fans of The Princess Bride so we texted back and forth quotes from the movie. It was just one of those moment that you see the blessings of friendship that the Lord has given you. I was in Rocky Mt. with Joy and Missy, two dear friends, I had just had my Monday phone date with Kathy (another God given blessing) and texting to another friend in Florida, all at once I felt surrounded by love and friends. I remarked to Missy that it is amazing that sometimes I feel so isolated and alone but the reality is that I have wonderful friends at my fingertips. She encouraged me to trust that my friends want to be there for me and encourage me and all I need to do is reach out. I needed to hear that I think I have been in a friend funk since Joy moved. I kind of felt that no matter how hard I try to make friends (and believe me it isn't easy for me) they will just move away or get to busy for me. (I know pity party table for one) Its just when Kathy moved I didn't think I would ever find any other friend like her but the old girl scout song is right "make new friends and keep the old one is silver and the other is gold" we never have to loose our friends through a move or business we just have to reach out to them and we can stay friends forever.
ANYWAY happy mother's day to all. Pat yourself on the back for another successful year of mothering. I hope all you families make a big deal over you because you ARE a big deal.

4 comments:

EngineersFalcon said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! I have had a bit of "friendship pity party"-itis this week too, and mine completely of my own making. I am so glad to know that I am not the only who is surrounded by friends but still feels lonely or just doesn't reach out. I love this blog thing - it makes me feel so normal!

Unknown said...

I am so thrilled to be called your friend!! You are such a blessing i jsut pray that you see that! I love you and I hope you have a AWESOME Mother's Day you definately deserve it!

Kathy said...

Hey, no one throws a pity party like me. I am the only loser I know that has a catered affair. I MISS you. Happy Mothers Day.

Mommy Confidential said...

You are the biggest deal around girl! Happy Mother's Day, and have a great weekend.