Thursday, May 15, 2008

Whewww!

It has been quite a week around here. We have had three of the four of our children down with strep throat. It all started the week before with a trip to the Children's Clinic for a well check up for Ian. Everything went great with his visit. When I got home that afternoon I heard that Bella, Missy's little girl had strep throat and she had been to the clinic on Monday. Ian came down with it the next Wednesday. Since the kids had not been together while Bella was contagious I deduced that they got it from the children's clinic. Isn't it funny that we take our kids in well and they leave sick. Something wrong with that. Although they separate the kids out in the waiting rooms to try to cut down on the germ sharing, the exam rooms are the same for all the kids. So you kept my kid from contracting malaria in the waiting room but he got it off the floor in the exam room. Hmmm. Anyway after Ian had it the fell like dominoes. Ian was treated for it on Friday, Nathan spiked a fever on Saturday, and Emma on Sunday evening. Now I have three kids on antibiotics. Ian, is sensitive to antibiotics and is on a stronger one because of his ears. As a result his hind end looks like hamburger meat. Well maybe not that bad but you can imagine. On top of all that I have had some kind of ick that has made me nauseous all week I even took a pregnancy test (*gasp*) it was negative. Hence my ability to be sitting here typing to you fine folks. I hope your weeks have been illness free and wonderful. Enjoy the rest of the school year before we have to figure out what to do with our kids this summer.
On a final note my Mother-in-law works for the children's clinic and I think it is the best place to take my kids when they are sick. We have had good experiences there. We are just aware of the petrie dish that all the surfaces are.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear you about the children's clinic. I take Bella in and dont' let her get out of my arms. Then I sanitize the table with my handy clorox-to-go and I wipe down the chairs but still we come out with something. You know that I'm pretty psycho about germs anyway but the children's clinic brings me to a whole new level. I don't know what I'll do when Bella is to big for me to carry. Maybe I can still force her to let me carry her...Can't you just see me carryingin my 12 year old daughter into the children's clinic. HAHA!!! I'm glad you are all on the ups.

Joy Bruza said...

sorry to hear the kids were sick...poor babies. Nate and Cameron havn't shown signs of illness so i think we're clear here. Oh, one more thing Miss Smarty Pants--I posted. Yes, I did. So please take a look and read it a couple of times...I may not post for a few weeks...just for you. Just kidding. Love ya and talk to you soon.

EngineersFalcon said...

5yrOldExplorer's Asperger's brings in and interesting problem for us at the clinic - he is a licker. Doors, walls, exam tables I could puke. Then he chews on his hands after he has touched everything. Sorry you guys have been sick, let us know if you need anything.

Joy Bruza said...

Alright girlie,
I have been patient...checked your page a gazillion times...and no updates. I expect to see one soon...talk to me later. Luv ya.
Joy

Joy Bruza said...

Are you still alive? I believe today is the big yard sale so I'll cut you some slack today, but I want to read all about your summer. So post already...do I have to come to you young lady?! Talk to you soon.