Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Catch up.


I know I haven't posted in a few weeks. I have no excuse except the kids are out of school. It has been quite an adjustment phase having the three children at home all day everyday. They are just finally figuring out how to play together and get along. (Most of the time)


So to catch everyone up... Emma graduated pre-school. We were proud and sad to see our little girl moving on from Rainbow. She is really growing up.
Nathan will move upstairs next year. At Rainbow the upstairs is a real status symbol, the big kids go upstairs. Next year at Rainbow will be his last so he is excited about being a big boy.
Ian will be in the two year old class next year.
Katie will finish her school year with honors. She has done exceptionally well this year. I am so pleased with her progress. I am dyslexic so it is a thrill to me to see her reading and doing math so well. She can read about anything she wants to now. She told me she wanted to read Ramona Quimby age 8, and I was like O.K. baby so she started to read it and about a week later I started reading it to both girls and she knew what was going on! I didn't read with comprehension until the third grade when I had been held back in the second grade and started in a Learning Disabled class. She was writing in a journal the other day and it asked her what her favorite thing to do was and she said "Go to school." Thank you Lord, it is such a blessing.
Andy is traveling this week. He left on Monday and will be back late Thursday night. Which is a bummer because Thursday is my birthday. I will be 29. Somehow I think that will be harder than when I actually turn 30, its like leaving my 20's already. I saw a lady on So you think you can dance the other night who was my age and had four children also. I asked Andy if I looked that old. He was non-committal. He said he couldn't compare because he thinks I am so much prettier than she was and he thinks she looked older than her age. Not sure how to take that.
Anyway that's what is going on with the Gardner Gang. I hope to be a regular updater over the summer even though I feel like I'm drowning in kids. Hope everyone else is doing well.

3 comments:

Just the way that I am said...

I know I will be there one day. I always get a bit misty eyed when it is mr friends' kids graduting. I know I will cry buckets and that will be just for preschool. I love reading your thoughts because I know if you can do it I can. Love ya ~ D

Joy Bruza said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy the day with the kids. Love them all for me. Emma's graduation picture is adorable! Your present is in the mail...expect it sometime Sat or Mon. Love ya. Joy

EngineersFalcon said...

29 was a little hard for me, but then I had a whole year to adjust to the idea of being 30, and being excited about some of the things I would leave in my twenties and take into the thirties at all. By the time 30 arrived I was ready to START letting go of my worry about what other's think, my self-conciousness about my body and the pressure I put on myself to be perfect. It is a slow journey of course, but thirty is when I decided to kinda grow up.