Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

Andy and I went to Gatlinburg this weekend with some dear friends of ours, Matt and Kathy Beam. We use to travel together all the time. In fact we were sitting on a beach together the year after Andy and I got married and we named Katie. We were looking for a good name to go with Jeanette, which is my middle name, and Kathy said "Katherine is a good name". And that was it we loved the idea of calling her Katie. So Katie is named after our friend Kathy. We loved the idea of honoring her as well. We had a great time with them which included a lot of "Remember the time when...?" It was so fun.
We got to do this great thing called Ober Gatlinburg, which I have never done. We rode a trolley car up to the top of the mountain and then a ski lift to the very top. It was so cool to look down on the world from that height and enjoy God's creation and man's ingenuity. We also did this thing called and Alpine Slide if you get a chance you should try it. It is a concrete slide that you slide down in a yellow sled thing. Kind of like bobsledding in the Olympics. Andy and I raced the first time and I won, he says he slowed down for me but I don't know.
We also enjoyed just hanging out with our friends. We have 8 kids between us and soon there will be 9 (Kathy not me) so this was a rare opportunity.
Anyway the new week brought a hefty dose of reality. Andy is out of town for the whole week and Emma and Katie woke up sick on Monday. That and all the other delights of taking care of four kids alone should make for an interesting week. I'm glad I got some time to recharge.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for hubby time! I'm so glad you had a great try. Let me know if you need something this week with andy being gone.

Kathy said...

Don't forget our wicked plot to wed Josh and Katie. The more I think about it the better it sounds. Love to all, hope everyone feels better. Kathy