Wednesday, May 6, 2009

BLESSED!

Tonight I received the most wonderful blessing that a Mother can have. My daughter is now not just my daughter but also my sister. Emma prayed to ask Jesus into her heart this evening. I had the incredible honor of being the one to lead her in prayer. I got to pray with both Katie and Paige when they got saved and I never thought I would be so blessed to get to do it again.
I knew that Emma was on the verge of something for the past few weeks. She keeps coming out with a lot of deep and challenging questions. Such as, "Why did God create the Satan if he knew he was going to be bad? Also my Dad's Aunt recently committed suicide and while it seemed to roll over the other three without many questions. She has been thinking about it for a few months. She and I had a conversation about it the other day. That one was HARD. I just told her that God created us and has a plan for our lives and when we accept Him as our savior we give up control, which means that if you take your own life you can't do what he has planned for you, and it's not yours to take once you surrender it to Jesus. I think I would have preferred to talk to her about sex.
We are in a time of great spiritual blessing around here. Katie is on a soccer team which has a huge rivalry with one other team. So I've been trying to talk to her about being a good sport and a good witness even if it means she can't go along with what her friends are saying. We started going through Joyce Meyer's Battlefield of the mind for Kids last night. She is really getting it. She comes up with great insight and challenging conversation. She can even site examples from her daily life. It’s amazing. I get to teach my girls a bible study. I feel so blessed. My cup is running over.

1 comment:

EngineersFalcon said...

PRAISE GOD my friend! I am so glad you got be a part of that. There is not joy that compares. We will be lifting Emma up in prayer and praise God for a family that has nurtured her and encouraged her and been sensitive to the Spirit working in her life.