Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Post christmas funk.

The Gardner family had a lovely Christmas. We were all showered with gifts and many well wishes. We partied and played and visited to our hearts content. We spent new years eve with my parents and the girls actually made it to midnight. As we shared our last day of vacation on New Year's day we realized something... we could not wait to go back to school and work. We have had enough of each other. The kids were tired and Andy was grouchy. (I was a peach) We all love each other so much but we realized that we need to all have our own experiences and come back together and share them in the evening. Now that school is back in and Andy is back at work I miss them all but I also appreciate them more. I may be the worst mother in the world to feel this way but I value our separate live and our coming back together time.

Oh and Ian moved out of his crib into a big boy bed on New Year's Eve. He is determined to leave me without a baby. I am proud of him though he is so sweet and smart.

I hope you all had a blessed holiday season and a wonderful new year.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

no mention of the large unruly family whose visit made your holiday complete? We had a great time. Thanks for everything