Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Something to ponder.

I have been thinking of this spiritual insight for a few months now. I am hoping that if I get it out that it will clear up space for the Holy Spirit to hit me with something new. This has challenged me a lot. I am sure all of you have heard of the devotional by Oswald Chambers, My utmost for His Highest. I have been reading it off and on for years. Back in July I read a devotion called All Nobel things are Difficult. He referenced our utmost for Christ's highest. It really got me thinking of the title of the book. MY utmost for HIS highest. If we could really grasp that concept. Its saying that we do our best job ever all for the glory of Christ. It sounds like a no brainier in the spiritual sense we all are striving for that, but think about it in the daily sense. Lets say you have a project to do with your kids school or at work, you work with all your might and invest all of yourself in it. Then the praise goes to someone else. I think we would all like to think of ourselves as unselfish but we all like to be appreciated and acknowledged. Can we do our very best job for the glory of someone else? Can we do our utmost for His highest? Think about it as you go through your day the next few days, in everything you do think that you are doing your very best for the glory of Christ. Lets try to do our utmost for His Highest.

No comments: