Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ian, oh Ian.






I have heard a lot lately about how Nathan gets a bad rap on this blog. That's just not so He is just the one who offers up the most raw material. This blog however is dedicated to Ian. My once docile, sweet, easy baby is almost two and it shows. You know how if an adult isn't very attractive they are described as having a great personality. Well I am convinced that when you describe a toddler as having a great personality you really mean he is a monster. Now don't think I don't love this little man with everything I have in me... well let me present the evidence it speaks for itself.

1. We moved him into a real bed after Christmas, the other night at three o'clock in the morning we hear a lot of ruckus coming from the boys room. Ian had gotten out of his bed and onto Nathan's bed and was running from the foot board to tackle a sleeping Nathan. I went in there as he was raring back for another run. Nathan looked at me half asleep and said "hes jumpin on me." I told him I was sorry and tried to get Ian back in bed. He did it twice more before morning.

2. Ian takes his naps and starts out the night in a port-a-crib in the play room so that he and Nathan can sleep at the same time. One night when Andy was working I counted how many times he came out that door and I got to twenty before I got to frustrated to count any more. I didn't speak to him and calmly put him back in bed as the supper nanny recommends. Dose this really work? I have no evidence that it dose.

3. And my last piece of evidence is this. If I ever thought any of the other kids were "climbers" I was sadly mistaken. Ian's favorite place to hang out is in the middle of the kitchen table. And now he has discovered that he can move chairs. I walked in the kitchen the other day and found him in the middle of the stove(no lie). I almost had a heart attack. Everything was off but I shutter to think what could have happened.

There that's my proof that my kid has uh...personality. I told everyone who might keep him or try to keep up with him that he is on FULL safety lock down. I don't trust him alone for a minute. And yes that makes baths and potty breaks interesting.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ian..what a cutie!!

Joy Bruza said...

I hear you! Nathan hasn't gone so far as to climb on the stove...probably because he is locked out of the kitchen. Sweet Ian, so misunderstood:)

Kathy said...

Such is the life as a mother to a son. If it can be done, they will do it. I think that's why so many men climb Mt. Everest, it's there. I love Ian and I am so glad that you get to be a mommy to boys. want to come for a visit?

Kendra Haneline said...

i'll probably regreat saying this, but none of mine have been climbers. that was a great laugh though. i've got a picture exactly like that of chandler with his 2 "noo-noo's"