Wednesday, February 6, 2008

About Dolls, Teeth and Skates.

My girls have had some pretty big events in their lives the last two weeks. Katie turned 7 and she got her American girl Doll for her birthday. The doll's name is Molly and she is a member of our family now. She sleeps in a cloths basket at the foot of Katie's bed. Katie changes her cloths as much if not more than I change Ian's. Emma wants one so bad she can't stand it. She has decided to save her own money and buy her one. We told her she could get one for her birthday but she doesn’t want to wait until October.

She has made some strides towards her savings though she lost two teeth last week. One, one day and another the very next day. She was thrilled, the tooth fairy was generous and she put ten dollars in an old tang can that says American Girl Doll. Andy and I are going to start them on an allowance. I know we should have already done this but we haven't. Anyone have any tips on chores and payment?

And lastly. Katie had her first birthday party in which she was able to invite friends from school. It as a skating party at Kate's. She had a great time she loves to skate. She invited 12 friends and 11 showed. We couldn't have expected a better turnout. Now four of those kids were Emma, Nathan, Paige(cousin) and Bekah (basicly family). She had friends from Kindergarten all the way back to Pre School. Now the kicker was that I asked her what kind of cake she wanted and she said She wanted a cake that looked like a skate. And she wanted it to be purple. Now I learned to decorate cakes about 3 years ago and Skates were not one I have done before. I had convinced myself to order her a Hannah Montana cake, however my brother got wind of that and he had a cow. My mom always use to make us really unusual cakes like soccer balls and a Holly Hobby cake. He said "twenty years from now she will never remember a Hannah Montana cake but a Skate cake will be remembered." He convinced me so I made one. My mom helped but I think it turned out o.k.



Im in a very mellow mood today so I hope this post isn't boring.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

In our house, there are chores you do just to be a productive and contributing member of the family, not for compensation. There is also a list of chores that are compensatory. Things like making your bed, putting away clothes and taking out the trash are helpful family chores. Things like wiping down the bathroom or sweeping and vacuuming are things that earn you cash. We just felt really strongly that in afamily our size, there should be things that you do just to help out, not to profit. I love the doll, the teeth are toooo cute and the cake looks spectacular, but I am your biggest fan. Love to all, Aunt Kathy