Monday, February 4, 2008

This blog is rated PG-13!

I hope that by telling you guys this story some of you will tell me that it has also happened to you and your kids aren’t scared for life. Yesterday afternoon during nap time Nathan and Ian were asleep and Katie and Emma were playing in their room. I thought it would be a good time for a quick bit of alone time for me and Andy. He was working at the computer in our room so I went in and shut and locked the door (or so I thought). We were laying on the bed in ah... the nude making out when we hear footsteps in the hall. Andy stopped kissing me and looked up and said "oh door please be locked" and I said "I locked it." Just like in a horror film everything happened in slow motion. The door knob turned, we froze and Katie opened the door. I grabbed a pillow and covered my chest and Andy hollered "GET OUT" she shut the door in like a second. Andy jumped up and ran into the bathroom in case she came back and I jumped up and locked the door. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath and Andy was hiding in the bathroom (he didn't know I had locked the door). As we were getting dressed to go talk to the girls Andy could hear Katie and Emma giggling as Katie retold the story to her. We sat down with them and asked them what they saw and what it meant. The good thing about it is that we got to see what our kids know about sex which fortunately is nothing. Emma said "I told Katie I thought you were getting naked and kissing until you die." We're not sure what that means. Katie thought the whole thing was gross and didn't understand why I didn't have any cloths on my back. Fortunately I was laying in front of Andy and we were facing each other so she didn't know that he was naked she just thought he didn't have a shirt on. We explained that married people like to kiss with their clothes off sometimes but you don't do it until you are married. They didn't have to many questions though. I just hope they aren’t scared for life. Later on I thought of all the things the could have seen and the whole thing isn’t quite so funny anymore. Needless to say Andy and I have some unfinished business and from now on he says HE will lock the door.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Well you know that if it would happen to anyone it would happen to me. Three of the four boys have seen their parents "doin' the nasty". The only reason that it hasn't spread to Seth is that he hasn't been mobile all that long, give him time. In the meantime, I am really thankful for walk-in closets sometimes. I thought married people didn't have to sneak, oh well... By the way, the afore mentioned three are all either carefully blocking it out, or are really discreet over the whole thing. This too will pass, and then you'll miss it.

Unknown said...

WOW!! I have a story but I'll have to share it with you later...
Anyway before we had a baby I used to think that we wouldn't "be alone" unless the baby was out of the house. Needless to say I had no clue what I was talking about.

Jim said...

As a child I walked in on my parents one time to show them the skin was peeling off my back. It was an experience that I have never forgotten.

Our daughter and son have walked in on us mofre than once in my memory. Once we were under the coivers and my son came in and laid down on top of my back.

The worse time thoughn was when my wife and I were haveing some
"alone time" and the kids were at school. After the deed I rolled over and the cat was sitting on the bed byside us with a discused look on its face.

Joy Bruza said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard all week! I'm sure we will join the club just as soon as our darling son is a little older. My hubby can be a bit absent minded and is sure to forget to lock the door!