Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Sweetest Hour

I love to cuddle with my kids. We love to lie on the couch and cuddle up with each other and watch Arthur and Curious George. The spot that is most coveted is my “nest” as long as I can remember that is what Katie has called the space behind my knees when I’m laying on my side.

Some afternoons I feel like a mother Cat with all my little kittens laying all around and on me. I love it. I lay on my side; I have one kid on my arm (usually Nathan) and two in my “nest” (Katie and Emma) and Ian sitting on my hip. You may all think this sounds weird but it’s what we do.

I didn’t come from and overly affectionate home so I love that I love it. I found out as a kid that kissing and hugging your children is not as irresistible as I find it with my children. I have loved them so much and told them so, so often that it is like breathing. This is weird because I don’t remember anyone except my Dad and Andy ever telling me they loved me before.

It’s interesting the things we determine to change when we become parents. This is one area that I have to say I made up my mind to make it different and I did. I know this because of the evidence. I have four very confident children. In fact I don’t think that Katie would think it possible that people not think she’s beautiful and clever. She can’t think why anyone wouldn’t like her. I hope the balance comes as she matures but I’m glad she gets to start life with her love tank full.

So if you haven’t today and I’m sure you have, cuddle your children and tell them you love them.

By the way, my friend Kathy has a “fort” instead of a “nest.” Any of you guys have anything like this?

Regarding Spell Check I'm typing post in Word and cut and pasting to the Blog.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I've always told you that my kids have wet heads because I've kissed them so much. I am now seeing the payoff. My very handsome 14 year-old will kiss and hug me in public, in front of guys and girls. I'm thinking the love stuff is working. Keep it up!!!

Unknown said...

Awe!! I love my baby loves too.