Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I am woman hear me ROAR!

With Andy doing so much school and work a few things around the house that he would normally handle have fallen to me. The sprayer on the kitchen sink broke last week. I was waiting patently for him to fix it and then Monday I colored Mom and Sandy's hair and had to rinse them out with a cup I think there ears are probably still full of water (Sorry ladies). So I decided that if it was going to get fixed before summer break I would have to do it. I loaded my three youngest children in the car and headed off to Lowe's. I realized after some research that it would be better to replace the whole faucet (the old one leaked badly). Word of advice if the man at Lowe's and you husband say "AH that's an easy job no problem" take it with a grain of salt. However I set about it with passion and determination. I emptied under the sink and got a flash light and crawled in. First the instructions were ONLY for installing the new faucet NOT taking out the old one. I turned the water off and starting unscrewing everything that screwed. Now I don't fancy myself a girly girl but I do like to look my best. I had just flat ironed my hair and applied makeup before picking up the kids (I don't want their teachers to think I always look like my morning self). So I am laying under the sink working on these screws and things are falling in my face and sticking to my lip gloss. I just about lost it. It was so nasty. I also had Bob the builder and his little brother (Nathan and Ian) either under the sink with me or stealing everything from my screwdriver to my flashlight. I had it all undone except one screw that would not budge. I worked on it for half an hour. I was determined to get this thing fixed though because I had no faucet and no water in the kitchen. SO what did I do? I roared..... DADDY! I called my Dad. If I call my dad on the phone and call him Daddy or D-Da he knows I want something. He graciously came to my rescue. He fixed my sink and also hung a paper towel holder and a hook in the laundry room. I love my Dad he has always been my hero and he proved it yesterday.

What about you guys (girls) even if you don't think of yourself as girly everyone has that one thing that they can't handle be it spiders, bugs, or anything like that. I would love to hear what would push you over the edge and make you scream like a girl.

2 comments:

Kendra Haneline said...

Well, let's see...where do I start??? I can't handle throw-up very well. Yes, I deal with it, but if Corby is around, he has to do it. Else, I'll puke myself. I also can't stand spiders, creepy crawlies, snakes, bugs, etc. Pretty much anything that lives in the nature outside. Scares the crap out of me if it touches me. Usually if I want something fixed around the house that I can't do myself, I'll aske my Daddy too. It's better than asking my husband a thousand times becasue he's so busy. Then I just have to wait for Daddy to come & do it (he lives an hour away).

Joy Bruza said...

Definately spiders. I hate them. You never know when one will pop out of nowhere. Snakes are bad too. My neighbor killed one the other week. SCARRY! That means they may be hiding in my woods!

Oh, one more thing. If I'm reading or watching something suspenseful I am jumpy for days. Sounds in the night freak me out.