Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ian's potty mouth.

I know another post, it really is feast or famine with me. Oh well. Here goes..
Ian is in that adorable little toddler phase where he can say WAY more than people can comprehend. He has his own words for everything. He needs me or one of his siblings to interpret for him. Lately he has two new words that he likes, chip and truck. Unfortunately they don't sound like that's what he is saying. On truck he drops the "tr" and adds an "F". Normally only I notice this because thank the dear Lord the other kids don't know that word. As it happens thought the other day on our way into school (at Shelby Presbyterian Church) he saw a fire truck parked outside the fire house. So he commenced to screaming TRUCK at the top of his lungs (only the altered version). I'm going "Yes Ian Truck" every time he says it so that the passing mommies don't think that he is actually saying what it sounds like he is saying. I could have melted into the sidewalk.

Chip sounds like Sh** which he also says a lot since they are his new favorite food. What will I do with this boy? My dad asked me if he had been hanging around my brother to much, for those of you who know Michael you know what he means.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow i have been missing lot's of blogs since i have been gone for a week. first i must say you are the woman for cutting the grass. i would have just hired someone and paid them way too much. about ian that is so funny!! i love to hear a kid when they are just learning to talk. bella cracks me up with the things she says too. atleast he isn't intentionally saying ugly words.

Jim said...

Loved your mowing and repair stories. Sounds about like mine. Zach has also learned a new word. It is BAM! The only problem is that sometimes it sounds like it starts with a d when he says it. And he says it really loud. Maybe Saturday he and Ian can teach each other their new words!