Friday, April 18, 2008

Mower than you probaly wanted to know.

I learned two things about myself yesterday. One is that I am VERY spoiled and the second thing is I LIKE IT! As you know I am taking care of things around our house lately, well it came time for the grass to be cut. I mean it was like "anyone seen Ian?" it was that bad. So yesterday my Mom (my hero) took all four kids with her when she took Katie to soccer practice, so that I could cut the grass. So I got out the mower and attempted to start it. It is difficult at the best of times down right ornery the rest of the time. I struggled with it for about half an hour. I have to admit there was a point when I thought "Hey if this thing doesn't start I can sit in the house and read my book while Mom has the kids." It was a fleeting thought I really wanted to honor Mom's willingness to chase all four of my kids around. So after much struggles I got the darn thing started and I mowed the grass. Man it was hard! Last year I did I a few times for "Fun" (ick I'm disgusted by my own spoildness) when I did though Andy trimmed in and all I had to do was mow back and forth in a straight line. This time I had to get in close to the house and run under bushes and around trees and all that fun stuff. Not to mention the front yard had to be bagged because it was so thick. I had to empty the bag every second line. I realized that as and adult I really haven't had to shower because I had dirt on me but yesterday I found dirt in unmentionable places. I'm still puzzled by how it could have gotten there.
The yard may look like a drunk monkey mowed it but the grass is short. I have the kind of husband who always looks to my comfort first. He will get me things from the kitchen and take my trash and all kinds of things like that. He is a prince, and now I really appreciate all that he dose.
Love ya, Babe!

No comments: